Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Houston....We Have A Problem....

School Progress Reports came out. Out of my 4 informants, 3 are grounded because of their grades. NONE of these kids should be failing, they've always been on the honor roll. I think I may need to start a homework club or something.

One of my informants told me that she doesn't like herself, and in an effort to change who she is she's trying different things. She doesn't want to do drugs (thank God), or any really destructive behavior. For a while she was "the bully" but then she realized that the people she was bullying were the people that were most important to her, so she stopped doing that. Before failing wasn't an option. It still isn't, no one will let this continue, but I think it's what she's using to define herself right now. "I failed three classes and I don't even care!"

I don't know whats going on with the rest of them, but I think this is going to seriously hinder what I can accomplish with them.

1 comment:

Professor Rubenstein said...

What was going on during this period? why the drop off at school?

Maybe speak to the parents and see if you can speak with them at home.

otherwise im, text, etc